How can I avoid food poisoning during pregnancy?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Food safety is important during pregnancy. To avoid getting sick, follow all of your doctor’s instructions for preparing food, and avoid foods that aren’t pregnancy-safe. 1 : washing your hands before handling food 2 : thoroughly washing all fruit and vegetables, including prepared salads, before eating 3 : washing your hands, all surfaces and utensils after preparing raw meat thoroughly cooking raw meat so there is no trace of pink or blood 4 : keeping leftovers covered in the fridge and using them within 2 days 5 : eating food before it has passed its "use by" date 6 : Consume only Purified Water

Read more
VIP Member

Couple of things you can do. Store raw foods such as sushi away from ready-to-eat foods, this prevents any bacterial infection as such from spreading between the items. Avoid raw or unpasteurized dairy. Make sure you thoroughly cook raw meat of any kind. Also, avoid packaged food as much as possible. Beware of the expiration date on foods and medicines. And, store foods in the freezer. A combination of these precautions can help you prevent food poisoning during pregnancy.

Read more

There are two things to keep in mind to avoid food poisoning during pregnancy: 1) Hygiene- Maintain a clean kitchen and personal habits to avoid any contamination 2) Raw foods to be avoided. Anyway during pregnancy doctors usually discourage from having raw food items that contribute a higher chance of contamination.

Read more
VIP Member

By thoroughly washing all foods, eating only fully cooked foods and maintaining good hygiene practices as well as avoiding cross-contamination between surfaces and raw food. http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/avoid-food-poisoning-during-pregnancy.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=130

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-681)

I have. a question I have took a yest and its been 2 weeks and 3 days in its very very light what should I do

thanks