Recommendation for Fish Oil in Gummy Form

Currently in my 2nd trimester and having difficulty in swallowing the fish oil... I can only swallow small pills such as folic acid only... really stress over it..

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I’ve never see fish oil in gummy form before. But I can’t swallow big pills, and every time I need to swallow any pills, I have to swallow 1 by 1 😅 I didn’t have issues taking the fish oil from Nordic naturals. It’s much smaller compared to the previous brand of fish oil I was taking, and there’s no fishy smell/after taste. https://welovesupermom.com/products/47165-prenatal-dha

Read more
Post reply image
3y ago

Thanks for your recommendation

I have been eating smarty pants prenatal gummy which has some omega 3 properties as I have difficulty in swallowing pills. I ordered through iherb website. But do check with your gynae first if it's okay for you to consume. Hope it helps 😊

You can try to mash the pills into powder form and swallow them 😉 They’re not a time release formulation so crushing them isn’t likely going to impact much.

3y ago

Try mixing it in your Milo or whichever flavoured drink you’re drinking? That way it’s easier to swallow, just that you’re going to have to cut the gel open. I know of a colleague who cut her gel capsules open and sucked directly from it. She said it’s yucky but no other choice since she has difficulties swallowing it.

I ever accidentally burst my gel form ones and it taste quite yucky. But my gynae say mix into what i eating but i stared at him in disgust 😂😂

3y ago

Nope i didnt. I always swallow, happen that time accidentally burst it 😂

Blackmores has fish oil mini caps which is odourless.

3y ago

May I know how small the pill is?