Hi mums, does your workplace have a proper room that you can pump at? My office doesn't have one, and i'll be the first breastfeeding mum if that happens... how do i request for such a facility?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You might want to point your employers to this guide published jointly by produced jointly by the National Trades Union Congress U Family, the Health Promotion Board and the Singapore National Employers Federation. The government offers grants and incentives to encourage organizations to set up nursing room - these include co-funding the construction of the room and grants. They also offer guidance on what a nursing room should contain. http://ufamily.org.sg/wps/wcm/connect/6a656078-fbe2-460f-8917-ebea23c24166/NTUC_PLG_Employer+Guide_Final.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Read more

My office doesn't have that facility as well and I'm the only one currently breastfeeding. Due to the lack of space they are unable to provide me with a room to pump. My manager lends me his room during lunch time. So I will be locked in his office and pumping under my nursing cover. Thank God for Freemie that makes it even easier. If it is inconvenient to pump in his office I will also pump in my car.

Read more
VIP Member

If your employer is unable to provide you with a separate room to pump, please do NOT use the bathroom and instead try to pump in a comfortable place. If your cubicle is the type with high walls, you may consider getting an extension rod with curtain for some privacy. If not, you may just use a nursing cover and pump underneath or use Freemie cups.

Read more
Post reply image

thanks