Hi mummies, I'm currently married with my lo who is 15 months old. But due to his family issues, it's causing our relationship to be sour and bad and we have been fighting non stop. It's getting difficult for me to face him and his family. I can't stand his Sister as she thinks she's some kinda big shot whom everyone has to give in but he too can't stand my sis. It's to an extend I'm listing separation as an option. However, I want to know what are the chances of me gaining custody for my child? My Husband earns more than I do, will that affect the choice of custody? Will mummy be prioritise as first main caregiver?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

U would need to check if he's fighting with you for the child. If he's willing to let you have ur child than the separation would be easy. But if he contest, than you would evidence to show that you are more capable of looking after the child and maybe have more family support? Usually under women rights, Mother would definitely have higher priority than the Father but deep down you would still need to provided evidence that you able to look after the child by your own. Most importantly, try to talk to you Husband. Try to solve it rather than throwing it away.

Read more