Hi mummies, I'm currently married with my lo who is 15 months old. But due to his family issues, it's causing our relationship to be sour and bad and we have been fighting non stop. It's getting difficult for me to face him and his family. I can't stand his Sister as she thinks she's some kinda big shot whom everyone has to give in but he too can't stand my sis. It's to an extend I'm listing separation as an option. However, I want to know what are the chances of me gaining custody for my child? My Husband earns more than I do, will that affect the choice of custody? Will mummy be prioritise as first main caregiver?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Before you go ahead to file the divorce, ask yourself will there still be any issue if your hubby break the contact with his family. Do you still love him? Are you mentally prepared to bring up your child single-handed? I was in the same situation as you not long ago, my mil ask my hubby to find another Wife after I gave birth to two girls. During Chinese New Year, my SIL make my girl waited for her for 3 hours for reunion dinner (without apologies) while my PILs stop us to give her food claiming that she will not be able to eat the dinner after snacking. Plus a long list to go. All these while my hubby just ask me to endure and give in as they are elderly. After 5 years, I bring up the topic to him that either we stop meeting his parents until they learn to respect me or we just have to divorce. He choose us so we sat down and list down all our issue and how we want to overcome it. It is hard but we find it the best solution for our kids. It's turn up my hubby is also having a lot of pressure from them and by stop seeing them to sort out our issue we start to get better. I suggest have a talk with him before you decide what is the best for your kid and family.

Read more