Hi I'm currently breastfeeding my 7 month old daughter. I want to start weaning her from the breast hopefully by time she's 12months. My problem is that I don't have enough milk to pump for her for her beaker. She drinks water but not a lot as her milk is the favourite. So i if she won't go for the water In the beaker and I don't have enough milk to pump, what should I do. ?? I really don't want to give her formula not now we've gotten this far without it. Any advice appreciated she is my first child so haven't been down this road before. tia

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think probably because she has started taking solids that's why the frequency of latching has decreased. What you can do is to latch her more often as supply=demand, in order to increase your breastmilk supply. This is possible as I have low milk supply during the first 4 months (through pumping) and after I managed to train my boy to latch from breasts, my milk supply increased by double. In addition, you can consider to do power pumping to increase your supply apart from direct latching. You can read up more from here on how to do power-pumping http://kellymom.com/hot-topics/pumping_decrease/ Please do not feel guilty for not able to breastfeed as long as you wish. I believe all mother wants the best for their children. But stressing yourself too much is not good for long term.

Read more