4 Replies

since your baby has just started other foods, it is natural that she will want to nurse less. however, since you want her to have breastmilk too in more quantity than she has now, i would suggest you add it to other foods. i used to add breastmilk to her purees, mashed foods, rice, absolutely anything almost while we were introducing her to new foods. it helped her get her dose of breastmilk and also made it easier for her to try new foods as she found a similar taste because of the breastmilk. also, if your doctor is fine with her weight gain, i think you don't need to worry so much :)

dont worry mamma, this is regular. as your baby has also started other foods, it is natural that her stomach gets full and she needs less breastmilk. if you are worried and want to give her more, add your milk to her mashed foods. it will help her get the familiar taste and also give her the nutrition that only you can provide :)

If you are feeding her purees or baby cereal, adding breastmilk to those food items might help keep the transition from breastmilk to solids smooth. It can also help "remind" baby of the taste of breastmilk. My friends tell me that this method works the best and their kids interest in solids and breastmilk return soon after.

It is normAl that the intake for milk decreases once they started solid. N is normal that that weight only increases by a little from 6 Mths onwards. It seems that she cannot accept the texture of solid n still prefers something more watery. U may want to "dilute" ur solid to a more watery consistency

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles