Do you have dreams regarding the future of your child or is it too early? I want to make my child a pilot!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No, I am still dwelling her day today tantrums. But it is good that if you are dreaming a future for her. Obviously, we should not force our kids in becoming what we want them to be, but we should always guide them. She wouldn't know what a pilot is, an actor is , a doctor is...till the times he is being told. So, the role of the parent is to introduce her to things. If you tell her how pilot works and what it would mean, you never know, she likes being a pilot and would want to become one. And if you start guiding the kid early, she can work towards realising her dream. And then it doesn't matter which path she chooses, whatever it is, one should have focus on realising that goal.

Read more

Dreams are necessary to create goals and channel it well. U want ur kid to be a pilot and u may try to make it his dream too. But time changes everyone and everything So be flexible. No harm in dreaming...harm comes when this dream becomes ur obsession. So channelize ur ideas well, but keep different avenues open. Don't close all doors just bcoz ur child dreams of something else. If u get to see the movie Tamasha, in which Ranbir kapoor and deepika padukone is there, then see it. I found it truly wonderful and helped me see how a creative, artistic mind thinks...

Read more

yes i do, i guess we all do, but my dream is to help my kids achieve their dreams and help them become what they want to be. with so many different opportunities out there, the best part is that we do not have to stick to one role in our career anymore. i for one juggle various work roles, and so my elder one also has plans of multi-career choices she will choose when she grows up. my dream is to guide her about the pros and cons, and help her achieve those dreams.

Read more

As parents we wish only the best for our kids.But why make decisions for your child.In time they will choose a career they want to follow. Till then we have to encourage them and help them reach their potential. By telling him you want want him to become a pilot you are putting an idea into his head and he may become one but it will be your dream and may not be what he wants to do actually.

Read more

I don't on my kids' behalf. Its their life, their dreams. Let them grow up and decide what they want to become. I won't force my dreams on them.