Parents, what do you do when you feel like you want to explode because your child is too hard headed?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've seen my cousin (who has a toddler right now) take really deep breaths whenever she is having a hard time in dealing with with her toddler. Sometimes, she asks me to look after my nephew for a couple of minutes just to 'meditate' and to 'calm down'. I always ask this everytime she comes back smiling again: What did you do? And she always say in response: Thought of happy moments and happier moments to come as Niko (her son) continue to grow healthy and lovely as he always been

Read more

I would take a deep breath, ask someone else (maybe my partner, my parents) to watch my child for a few minutes and take a break. I will definitely not engage with anyone let alone a child when I'm at my wits end because I know it will not end well. I might say or do something I will regret so I will walk away temporarily.

Read more

Sometimes I just cry specially if I’m too tired enough to deal with. My family are far and no one will help me out with my children.

Force them to sit with daddy and don’t get up. It’s a sort of time out (:

As for I leave the room him nd his daddy nd lock myself in another room

VIP Member

Go drink some cold water. Lol

I count one to ten😊

I will ignore him

VIP Member

I ignore her

TapFluencer

😁