Duphaston and Side Effects

Has anyone been prescribed with Duphaston by your gynae? I have been experiencing very serious morning sickness, exhaustion and gastric discomfort.. I wonder if I should seek a second opinion or stop this hormone pill?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Even without duphaston, these are very common pregnancy symptoms. If you were given the duphaston to protect your pregnancy, it’s best to keep taking it. But also get some medicines to help with your other symptoms (diclectin for morning sickness, antacids for gastric discomfort). Also please rest dear. The fatigue in the first trimester is very real. Remember to avoid coffee/tea/spicy food/juices/chocolate now as they worsen your fastric discomfort.

Read more

Thank you so much for your advice so far! I'm a first time mom.. so I'm kind of freaking out at all the symptoms I'm facing now.. feeling a bit depressed that my symptoms seem more severe than the usual case too... Did you all continue working despite all these ?

These are very common pregnancy symptoms. I had duphaston too but didn’t have any side effects. If you are prescribed this pill, best is to stick to it. Alternatively, you can check with ur gynae on how to elevate the symptoms that u are currently facing

Hi been on Duphaston for 13 weeks... initial I do feel giddy and and exhaustion. That’s the side effect of Duphaston but also the symptoms of early pregnancy.. But it’s better to let your gynae know that u are facing these symptoms

So far, I'm OK with Duphaston. U might want to check with your gynae for alternative medication

I took duphaston for quite some time and didnt have any problems.