Prescribed Duphaston by doctor to stabilise pregnancy

Hi mummies and mummies-to-be, anyone has been prescribed Duphaston (pregnancy stabiliser) to be taken orally three times a day by your doctor? I'm in week 8 with no complications and morning sickness, doctor just gave me this pills to take every day. Wondering why! #firstbaby #pleasehelp #advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was prescribed duphaston 3 times a day during my 1st trimester because i had some spotting and bleeding. The dose was slowly reduced to 1, and in my early 2nd trimester i had bleeding again, hence back to 3 times a day. Now at week 25 I’m taking once a day to stabilize and support my pregnancy.

3y ago

Thank you! And you too, have a safe and smooth pregnancy :) Don’t worry too much about duphaston, as Gynae know best on what to prescribe depending on mummy’s condition.

Yes, my gynae prescribed duphaston 3x a day during my 1st trimester too. He didn’t mention much, just said it’s to stabilize pregnancy. It’s my 1st pregnancy and I’ve no bleeding prior. Only really bad morning sickness. I’m in week 23 now and everything is fine. Don’t worry too much! :)

3y ago

Thanks for sharing! ❤️Will take it as a bonus to take for a peace of mind :) hope your morning sickness is better/gone now! And hope you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery ahead

oh yes i was given duphaston too. No bleeding or spotting at all. Doc gave to support pregnancy incase any possiblities of miscarriage during my 1st tri. Now that im on 14 weeks no longer taking that. Dont worry much. All is good just maybe the early stages. 😊

3y ago

❤❤❤

yes i was given Duphaston too. just to stabilise n support my pregnancy as mine is still early stage but i have been bleeding a lot. doc suspected possible miscarriage but will only know upcoming 2 weeks after the scan. pray for me ya!

3y ago

Def Praying for you and your little one ❤️ thanks for sharing and do hope you get to rest more during this period

Dont worry. I took duphaston for quite some time. Initially had a tear from shopping too long for a day and bled. Was prescribed duphaston n think i took until some point in 2nd trimester. I have safely delivered my ger 2 wks ago! ;)

3y ago

Thank you! Dont worry too much. I even had a jab when i ended up at a&e because of a v scan and hving blood clots after..

I had duphaston to take 3 times a day in first tri to stabilise pregnancy cos I had some bleeding and previous miscarriage. All is well now I’m in my third tri :)

3y ago

Wow Thanks for sharing! Now I feel btr knowing more mummies to be are taking it ❤️ hope you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery ahead!

Yes I got it from week 6-8 too because I was having some spotting. It’s hormones to help stabilise pregnancy esp in early stages. 🙂

3y ago

Yah I was worried after reading many mixed reports online, now I don't feel so sceptical. Started my dosage this morning 😊❤️