As a future MIL what will you not do with your DIL that you had faced as a new bride?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Lol! I think the list would be never ending. ;p No, just kidding. I think, first and foremost, I would not my expect my DIL to drop her father's name as it generally happens. Secondly, I would NEVER preach my daughter. I would give suggestions and would leave it upto her whether she follows them or not. I would not expect her to cook all the time. I would not make her feel that she seeks my permission for everything in life. Rather, I would like to be informed than seeming like a principal in her life. I will not make it a compulsion that we after one point or other will have to live in the same house as we would be old and would want to stay with our son's family in their home. Close proximity to their home would be all I care for. Like their fault upstairs and our in the same building as well. And there should be no rules for her. If there will be any rule that will be for everyone.

Read more

how many points can i share? ;) 1. not compare her to anyone, even if it is my daughter. 2. not expect or ask her to behave as per my wishes, be it dressing, choice of friends, going out or whatever 3. not restrict her meeting her parents, family and friends 4. not have a preconceived notion of rules and regulations that a DIL should follow

Read more

I will not interfere in every little thing she does. And will not preach her at every little opportunity.