A friend of mine told me that she have some issues. I don't know how to help or advise her.. She randomly hits her child, bites her child, pushes her child, pinches her child. Even though it is just light hit, bite, push, and pinch that DOES NOT* leave any marks or what. She feels that she have some 'mental' issue of why she's acting this way. She feels guilty doing such things but at the same time she couldn't stop herself from doing it again. She loves her child a lot but yet why does she do such stuffs? Can someone please advise? When she gave birth, she was quite stressed and acted depressed to the extend that she wanted to end both her baby & her life because baby kept crying for no reason & she was sleep deprived. But right after she snapped out of it, she never thought about doing such stuffs to hurt her baby to that extend ever again, but the scar of her ever thought of such dark stuffs hunts her. I am not sure if almost 10 years back she had signs of depression caused her to act this way now or not. I really worried that she do have some mental issues. She is a SAHM. What can i do to help her with all her problems? I don't know what can i do. I know she will never hurt her baby, but at the same time i am scared she might be a case of post natal depression or something far worse. Please advise, and not judge with nasty comments. Thank you in advance!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Have you brought her to seek help? I would advise you to bring her to seek help. Also as a supporting pillar for her too. Is she is single mum too?

Read more