Rant about MIL

When I wanted to get a confinement nanny my MIL was so resistant to it. She does not like strangers in her house and is paranoid about thief. She said she can help with taking of baby and doing some night shifts. So when baby came earlier than expected, I did not get one. She is happier that I didn’t get one. Now 2 weeks in, she has not done a single night shift. I just mentioned to her yesterday that her son is very tired. But she has not done anything yet. She does day duty and it’s not much cos everyone know nights are the toughest. Think she might not be confident w dealing with baby. But she has always said she has loads of experience and she did take care of 3 of her sons on her own and baby sitter to tonnes before. Just ranting. Thoughts of getting a helper and that will make her more uncomfortable 🤣

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yea problem with staying with inlaws. they say will help but eventually do nth much. talk only. tts why i told my mil dun need to help me during confinement as they stay really far. my mum will drop by to help since she stay nearby us. im more comfortable to have my mum by my side when im doing confinement. can better talk to her than to my mil. and i wont feel bad nagging my mum too 🤣

Read more
5mo ago

Yess based on experience, own mum is the best. I got better from postpartum blues/depression, after staying at my mum’s instead of in laws. Cause as a mum with newborn, you would need your own mum too

Ya ya ya old people with their old mindset. Thats the thing about staying with in laws. Say want to help bla bla bla end up better alone. You should speak to your husband about this. As the first few weeks, especially, will be extremely exhausting mentally physically emotionally, esp when theres no extra helping hand

Read more

Let her son suffers the consequences. Hopefully he will voice out