Do you force your baby to sleep or just let him stay awake if he wants to? My 6-month-old is really playful and I'm getting bothered with his sleeping habit. He gets max of 2 hrs nap during daytime and 10 hrs sleep during nighttime. Should I be worried?

37 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My pedia said that its better if your baby will follow a scheduled routine and a diet that goes along with the routine. I do that with my kids. Once they get a hang of the schedule you do everyday, it wont be a fuss making them nap in the afternoon. My kids get up at 7, breakfast @ 8 then playtime til 10am. Then i give them a bath then 2 hours again of playtime or recess. Then lunch at 12, light lunch, no sweets. Then nap at 1. They will always wake up at around 330 to 4. Then meryenda and playtime. At 630 they eat dinner. By 8 warm bath. 9 bedtime. Once they get use to that routine, their bodies will respond to it and itll be easier for them to relax. Also willake them develop sense of organization and responsibility. 😊

Magbasa pa

I gave my baby a routine. Since birth. After i give her a bath the morning she'll sleep. Then after lunch. She'll sleep. Until it became a routine. She falls asleep or becomes sleepy after i give her a bath in the morning. Then when she got a little bigger. Maybe almost 2 yo. She sleeps after lunch after she takes a bath again. Again i made it a routine. So after eating. We will give her a bath. Then after dressing up. Prepare her to sleep. Sometimes she doesnt sleep because we are at the mall and too excited to play.. but she sleeps early afterwatds. Around 6 pm shes dead tired already

Magbasa pa

Sounds like a pretty much established routine. At such young age, routine is very vital. If it is nap time then I suggest baby will have to sleep and if baby is unable to sleep then baby would need to just lie down and rest. Same goes for the nights. I do this till this very day with my toddler. Otherwise, he would never want to sleep and never ever feels tired. Stick with the routine you planned out, that won't go wrong. Hope this would help.

Magbasa pa

let him stay awake as long as he wants to. 😊 ganyan problem ko before e. pinipilit ko magsleep si baby, hanggang sa mas napapagod ako. then may nagsabing friens ko na "kung antok ang baby, magi-sleep naman sila ng kusa or papahele sila". ayun. so kapag alive na alive si baby tapos ako parang low batt na, pinipilit ko na makipaglaro para hindi siya ma bore at umiyak. hanggang sa mapagod siya, then sleep kami pareho (pag walang gawaing bahay! hehehe).

Magbasa pa

Sometimes I force her pero usually talaga , mas marami syang pagkukusa matulog 😁.... I have no problem sa pagtulog nia dati , pero pagsapit ng 6 months at ngaun 7 months na sya , super playful nia hehehe ... sa umaga , most of the time ay gising sya ... ang tulog nia na pinaka mahaba sa umaga at hapon ay 3 hours .... basta putol putol tulog nia ehehehe pero ok lang as long as healthy sya at masayahin ... 😊

Magbasa pa

Hindi ko fino-force si baby mag sleep. sobrang playful na rin kasi ni baby ko lalo na't 7 months na sya. nag dadance and nag jujump na sya tsaka super playful. after nya mag play ma sleep na sya. Pag day time nakaka 3hrs sya ng sleep and pag night time starting 11pm to 8am minsan 11pm to 9am. I think normal naman kasi since 5mos sya yun na sleeping sched nya.

Magbasa pa

Maganda mommy meron siyang time schedule. Baby ko kasi ginawa ko nung maliit siya hanggang siguro mag1yo siya. Dapat before 7pm nakatulog na siya. Meron pa mga 6pm palang tulog na siya tas diretso na po yun, gigising nalang dedede sa madaling araw. Nito ko nalang siya hinahayaang matulog ng medyo late pag alam kong nakatulog siya ng mahaba sa hapon.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Habang bata pa you need to force them to sleep para masanay but since 6 months pa lang sya ako noon nilalagay ko lang sya sa playpen nya then gagawin ko na lahat ng gawain tapos iidlip then nung nagkaisip na sya I forced her to sleep every afternoon kaya hanggang ngayong 4y/o na sya automatic nakakatulog sya kapag hapon

Magbasa pa

When my son reached 6 months, he does play a lot during daytime he would take a nap for about 30 mins to 1 hr and this still goes at his 8 months. I guess, you shouldn't force your baby to sleep if he doesn't want to. 6mos+ babies tend to play a lot. I just let my son plays if he wants to during daytime.

Magbasa pa

I just let him stay awake if he wants then kapag I see signs that he's ready to go to sleep, that's the time I make him sleep. Also, avoid triggers na will make him active before bedtime and play any white noise. I think it is effective to make my baby sleep kasi it helps him relax 😊