My 2 month old baby can only sleep when being held

So my baby stayed at the hospital for 27 days due to blood infection and I was there with him throughout (because I was breastfeeding him). He used to sleep on the hospital’s crib (most of the time getting startled with the noise from the ward) but other than that, he can sleep on his crib. Now when we got discharged and already at home, I tried putting him to sleep and settle him down on his bassinet but he wakes up the moment I lay him down. Now at 2 months, he refuses to sleep anywhere but on me. He wants to be held when sleeping and I fear that something might happen to him if I accidentally doze off. It’s been affecting my sleep and I couldn’t get anything done because I can’t put him down when sleeping. Any tips?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

pinapahimbing ko muna ng nakabuhat. kapag binaba ko, hindi ko muna tinatanggal ang kamay ko. pinapahimbing ko ulit sia. aalisin ko ng dahan dahan ang mga kamay ko. then lalagyan ko ng unan sa ilalim ng legs nia para kunwari ay kamay ko un.

9mo ago

Triny ko mommy it worked 😭🤍 pero mga after one hour gigising naman siya. Then triny ko lagyan ng pillow na may weight kunware ako yun haha nakakatulog na siyang nilalapag. Nagigising konte pero practisin ko pa siya paulit ulit hanggang sa masanay

try to wrap the baby like a burrito. it can also mean he/she wants to feel ur presence coz he knows he's in a different place now

Post reply imageGIF
9mo ago

this is tough. newborns do not know how to self sooth kase di pa nila control ung hands nila if he's a fuzzy baby introduce pacifier. hug him when layin down and stay with him her a couple of mins before standing up 😗 kaya mo yan . u know ur baby more than us. kumbaga kikilalanin mo syang mabuti ❤️😘