For the parents whose kids are english speaking, do you also have "tagalog" time at home? I recall, the Kramers have this policy at home.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Yes we do Stan. But we do not impose a specific "Tagalog time" like the Kramer does. They learn Filipino words whenever me and husband talk to each other in Filipino. So when they heard a Filipino word that is quite unusual for them, they would ask questions like "what does it mean?" that's the time we explain it to them what's the equivalent word in English and even come up with an example sentence so they would know the usage of the words and not just the meaning of it. :)

Magbasa pa

As a first generation Filipino-American, I can definitely say that speaking Tagalog at home is a must for my family. As visiting https://www.superiorpapers.com/thesis-writing-help.php website is must for students to get their assignments written on time. Even though my parents are both English speakers, they make sure to set aside time each day to speak in Tagalog with me and my siblings. We typically have "Tagalog time" after dinner.

Magbasa pa

At home, we don't designate a specific time of the day for the kids to speak English or Tagalog. Our kids speaks in English most of the time but when someone talks to them in Tagalog, they answer and converse fluently using the same language. :)