5 Replies

I wouldn't bend over backwards to make my kid's environment gender-neutral, but I do believe it's healthier to let them explore their options and expose them to different experiences that may not be targeted to their gender. Girls, for example, have plenty to learn from analytic and problem-solving games that are often marketed to boys, while boys can benefit from the pretend and storytelling games marketed to girls.

Absolutely. As parents, we shouldn't hold our kids back or restrict them from certain toys or activities based on their gender. Sure, biology may play a part in the end, but children should be given the freedom to explore and grow instead of being forced to conform according to societal standards or parental expectations.

VIP Member

Yes I do, and yes it is possible! Don't make gender discrimination against their toys, clothes, colours or interests - that's the easiest thing you can do. As for biology, there's always things you can get to support your child like hormone pills and treatment :)

I agree with Dew. For sure! I have a girl and a boy and although I don't make any special effort to make our home 'gender neutral', there are times my boy plays with his sister's toys and vise-versa. Then there are times that they only want their own toys.

VIP Member

yup I do! I don't purposely create that environment but I give him free will on what he wants to play with, what colors he like. he knows he is a boy and I am different from him.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles