Fellow mummies, I get very anxious every time my girl is a bit unwell. How to get over this anxiety? Currently I only have one child, I wonder if I could ever cope with more than one child given my super worrying tendencies.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I get anxious too when my boy was sick especially during the infancy period, I was also having PND because of many other reasons that happened during my confinement. over time I start to learn more about how to cope when baby is not well,and the necessary steps needed to help baby feel better. now my boy is 28 months old, I can say that I have become more laxed. I let him play in the rain, run barefoot, walk on grass, play with sand, walk into puddles of water or mud, lots of playing under the sun. it helps to build up on his immune system too. Everytime he falls sick, he gets stronger. I also give him some supplements like immuped or sambuco, lots of fresh fruits, and a balanced diet of meat, fish and Vege. it takes a lot of trial and errors, and you must know that, it's ok to fall sick, more importantly is to know what to do when that happens.

Read more
VIP Member

I'm a worrywart too! I get real anxious when my son gets hurt, and real upset when he gets sick :/ My way of coping is to try to keep him away from dangerous things, keep my eyes on him when he's playing and just get ourselves covered well because I don't want to end up not having enough money to give him emergency treatment if ever needed (touch all the wood in the world).

Read more
VIP Member

It's normal mummy! every parents will worry and panic when their child is unwell. Well, with more then one kid in the family. somehow your over-worrying habit will drop a little as it's too much to focus on one. so don't worry about that! i have three kids! i still worry for all of them!

Read more

I'm sure all mommies in the right frame of mind would worry and be anxious. It's okay mommy.

It's normal. If you don't get anxious then ill say there is a need to worry.

You are not alone! *hugs*