D. R. A. I. N

Feels so drain mentally. Am not a stay at home mum, tentatively serving 3rd month maternity leaves.. Currently baby is 3 months old.. 1st round was when she had Colic, she cried tearing wall down for 2 weeks and recover.. Than she got scare again because the door slam a few times while she's sleeping and she got scared and that serving goes on another 1 - 2 weeks.. Than she recovered for about 2 weeks sleeping easily coxing her less than 1 to 2hrs max she's able to fall asleep on my arms and i place her down to bed to sleep nicely and peacefully without major fuss crying to rock her to sleep.. Than Recently, again, she got scared because my son accidently slammed the door 1 day and the dog bark on another day.. She's currently on scared mode again for pass 1 week.. I feel soooooo drained that I have no patient to cox her and carry her and rock her to sleep anymore.. My husband sees me getting out of patience he did try to cox her to sleep but fail, she cry louder, and longer time to sleep, sometimes nv sleep until I cool myself down again and carry her back and she fall asleep. I have Use essential oil on her, eat Jing Fong San, healing music, white noise.. ANYTHING I've tried.. Didn't work. HELP.. I really dono what she wants and how to cox her than she cna cool down

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi dear.. I went through that too 😞 There was one night, she woke up every 15 minutes, and during the day, every 10-27 minutes. My daughter was scared for a few months, and it was also only me who could calm her by carrying/latching. Something that began to work at that point was using the zip swaddle/swaddle pod, putting her on her side in the cot, using one hand to hold her hands together (they’re in the swaddle), and then patting her back firmly with my hand cupped. This was used to calm her down and put her back to sleep without taking her out of bed. We also closed the room door, turned on white noise, etc to minimise disruption. I’ve been through it and it’s really hard, but I promise you that it gets better soon okay? And once baby hits 4 months, you can start sleep training/self soothing training. Your sanity comes back immediately once baby goes to sleep on her own.

Read more

It will get better. Babies are all different. My first and second just wanted to be held sleeping. We rock, dance and all. You just close your eyes, pray and do all by routine. Babies needs routine. Time goes really fast, my boys are now 5 and 2 and my 5 refuses to kiss me outside already. They grow really really fast. 5 yrs, 2 yrs seems soooo long but it is really fast. Now i am with third and I am done after this haha

Read more
4y ago

Ya man.. When they are infant u wish they grow up fast. But when they grow up u wish they are still cuddle just like they are a baby.. Now 1 week seems like 1 year.. Hahaha.. Human.. Contradicts

VIP Member

Hey! Don't give up! My baby is almost 2 months old now & she get scared super easily too. My mom went EU yan seng and bought this 八宝散 and it works for my girl. You may consider to give it a try. And can be consumed on daily basis. Mine has been consuming that daily since she's 1 week old. And don't forget to swaddle. Swaddle day & night. Even they hates the swaddle (just like mine did), just swaddle only!

Read more
4y ago

Oh.. Shall check that out.. Thanks!

U can do this 💪🏻 hope it will be better soon. I also felt the same way till sometimes i got angry at my baby. Then i felt guilty cos my baby doesn't know anything other than cry. I will then calm myself first before continuing to soothe him. Even at 4 months now, he will need soothing but a bit more better than before.

Read more
4y ago

Thank u.. Shall hang on.. Heee ..

VIP Member

I feel you. How about swaddling her or get a swaddling so she feel more secure? Babies need a lot of love, security and patience. Try asking your husband for help or someone you can trust. Or even engage a part time nanny so you can get some rest. Your baby need the best version of you!!!

4y ago

Oh, maybe she is too warm. Have you tried adjusting the temperature? Babies like it cold but not too cold. It’s a lot of trial and error. Hang in there!

VIP Member

I’ve been through the same thing as you too. Try intro to him chou chou or introduce sth for him/her to hug to feel a sense of security and familiarity. It will only get better. :)

Same as you... For the first 2-3months. I cry out every night. Try to avoid those slamming sound? And stopper or something? Actually I bought yao lan after 2-3 months

4y ago

She has been using yaolan to sleep since 2 month old but I ly in the noon. Night she sleep beside me in her cot. The slamming was cause by my son negligence not putting on the stopper. And last month the wind was realllt big. My boy is 13 yrs old BTW.. Careless lo at times

Baby easily startle by loud noises and own reflex. Did u swaddle? I use swaddle and pacifier my 3 month sleeps well. Now hardly need to carry anymore.

4y ago

Oh mine is stick out tongue means want to drink haha. Rest of the time she sticks her hands into mouth n suck drumstick especially when sleepy suck very hard and eyes closed. Maybe u can try other pacifier? Find one that's similar brand to her milk bottles so the teat is similar? Cos suckling motion is very soothing for them and helps them fall asleep faster. For me pacifier is life saver I only worried later IFC don't encourage then will have problems lor.

VIP Member

Will get better

VIP Member

Take care