Hello every1! Anyone bring thier lo to the movies before? Thinking of bringing mine. Shes turning 17mths. What should i look out for? Any tips? Dos or donts? TIA!!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I started bringing my boy when he was 7-8 months old, he will watch a bit and then latch and sleep. there was once he watch the entire animation movie and was jumping and dancing to the music, he was Ard 11 months old then. we go to the movies Ard once a month, and now at 28 months old, he will still sleep halfway, and wake up when the movie is over. LOL. I brought him to GV when they had movie screening which was baby friendly. it wasn't total darkness, volume was softer, kids were allowed to run about, and they even have a changing station in the theatre itself. it was quite a good experience. make sure you bring along her fav toy, a sweater or small blanket if bit gets too cold. some baby snacks too!

Read more
VIP Member

There are special movie screenings at cinemas like Shaw and GV for the little ones! The lights are dimmed instead of turned off, volumes are turned down and there are diaper changing stations just outside - however, these are still paid screenings and are NOT the most recent movies :) You should bring extra set of clothes and diapers in case of any mishaps (my son vomited just before we went in), dress LO in warm clothes (my son went in pajamas), make sure LO is fed and happy before going in (well-rested and a full tummy!), make sure you packed things for LO's comfort like favourite toy, pacifier, blanket etc.

Read more

yes i brought mine to watch finding dory when i had to bring my elder son along! well. He was relatively well behaved because he is very engrossed into the movie! I would say keep them warm!

TapFluencer

i bring my boy to cinema since he was 1.. started with watching cartoon till now he can sit thru to watch non-cartoon with us .. yeah, prepare snack and water..

VIP Member

Depend on what movie you are going to. I prepared snacks and water and jacket for them.

there's mums & babies promotion at GV. free entry for kids under 90cm.