Anybody experience low lying placenta at 20 weeks scan? What are the dos and donts? Appreciate the advise.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I would say avoid carrying heavy stuffs. Did gynae say how low is your placenta? I had major placenta previa at 20weeks (which means NO chances of it shifting up cause it is super low) I delivered prematurely at 34weeks (3 weeks ago) I would advise to not carry any heavystuffs, try to rest more if possible. Whether you able to delivery naturally or not, it would be confirmed during the 30 weeks detail scan.

Read more
7y ago

Gynae did not mentioned how low the placenta was though. Besides resting, do I need to reduce on the walking too? Coz i am sending my 1st one to school and it requires a lot of walking.

I had low placenta and was spotting. With medi and jabs, spotting managed to stop. Gynae advised no exercise or carry heavy stuff. Walking in the house is more than enough. Have lots of rest. When close to due date, placenta managed to move slightly away. With the help of Gynae to monitor(including medi and jabs to stabilize bb and stop spotting) and advises, baby came out full term, 40w+1d healthy

Read more

I have Low placenta on 20 weeks scan too. Even on my 28 weeks now. Doctors said I’m in high chance for C sect . Just rest and don’t carry heavy stuffs and no to sex. If you experience bleeding please go to hospital immediately. Have to see your luck if your placenta will move up alrdy.

I just did my 32 weeks scan and Doc told me that my placenta is a bit low. She did mentioned about C-Sect if it is still the same when i go and meet her again in 4 weeks time. I hope it will go up.

Hi . Not sure how long this post is.. but hows everything? I have low lying placenta at 20 weeks too.. gynae just said dont exert. But she said i can still walk.. 40 mins .. those kind.

Gynae mentioned to avoid carrying heavy stuff. Do not walk a lot- stop walking and rest when you experience pain around ur abdomen area. No sexual intercourse. JUST REST MORE:)))

3y ago

so the pain in the abdomens areanis cost by our low lying placenta? I experienced it always these past few days. 🥺

VIP Member

Don’t carry heavy things and less walks