10 x epidural ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”

I actually have a very high pain tolerance. But when I gave birth to my first child via C-section, when they injected the anesthesia into my back, it was so excruciating. The anesthesiologist told me to relax and stay calm. I was already super relaxed because I knew my pain tolerance was high. I could endure being pricked 1-5 times, but still no relief ๐Ÿ˜ญ It was only after about 10 pricks in my back that the epidural finally took effect. Oh my! From being relaxed and calm to starting to scream, to eventually shouting and crying because I couldn't bear it anymore and was so frustrated with the doctor, why was it taking so long!? ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Even now, just thinking about it makes me angry ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ After the C-section, I told my husband about the excruciating pain of the repeated needle pricks for the anesthesia, and when he saw my back, the bandage was huge, and when it was removed, the gauze was soaked in blood (ugh, just recalling this still hurts). Now, I'm traumatized by epidurals ๐Ÿ˜ญ In several months I'll have another C-section, hopefully the epidural won't be as painful as the first one... Hopefully, the doctor will be more skilled. Has anyone else had a similar experience? And for those who have had epidurals that weren't painful, please share so I can feel a bit more at ease ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•

๐Ÿ’•