Does your little one have a middle name?

56 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My girl has a Korean middle name. Instead of the typical name order that Singaporeans mostly use (First name-Last name-Chinese name) i.e. "Amy Tan Hyewon", I registered her name in the First name-Middle name-Last name format. I noticed a woman carrying her baby's schoolbag which had her baby's Korean name in the same format and thought it was interesting, so I copied the format.

Read more

Mine kids do not have a middle name. It doesn't the norm in India. Kids just have their father's name, but not mother's. It is not much of an issue with me perhaps because of the way we are conditioned that it is not important to carry a middle name. But I wouldn't mind it either if my kids were having a middle name as well. I feel it adds weight to your name. ;p

Read more
VIP Member

For us, we try to make it simple and convenient for my kids to write, imagine during exam they have to write their name every page already but it's a long one, Tyler Song Rui Long (just a example that i anyhow write) i think he have waste 5-10 minutes writing his names only. Hence mine is Tyler Song (fake name) , that it.

Read more

My First 3 Kiddos All Have A Middle Name So Will Baby 4 Next Year Charles Barrett Martinez Jr. Charles Alexander Martinez Skylar Grace Martinez Next Year Names Girl : Charollette Anne Martinez Boy: Michael Lee Martinez 💙❤💙❤💙❤💙❤💙❤💙

Read more

I'd love to have middle names for my future kids since they'll be biracial. It'll be good way to show case both cultures. My friends' kids who are half Swedis/half Singaporean-Malay usually have a Swedish first name and a Malay middle e.g. Linnea Farhana :)

My little one's name is Lorenzo McAvin. My husband and I decided to combine an old (Lorenzo) and new (McAvin) name. Mc means "son" and Avin means "Love".. He came unexpectedly. He was made of love, our son of love! 😉😊😍

Yes... we were looking for name with 2words. As an Indian custom, we want to him based on his grandfathers name. We named him Thrikara Srikrishna; Srikrishna is his middle name, where as his grandfathers name is Mr. Krishna.

Yes i do have a middle name for both my tots. Isaac Rysten and Isaiah Ryze followed by their last names. More unique this way. I like the personal touch to it. Its a new concept which not many are aware of yet. :)

Yes. One has a middle name after my maternal grandmother, and the other - long story around the name. They also have Chinese names.

mine the middle name is not their name but its a meaning like Daughter of or son of..for boy we put in BIN for girl is BINTE.