Does breastfeeding actually help you lose weight?

170 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes for me. I Lose weight with my second baby turning 2yrs old this june and still breastfeeding.. Partly im frustrated to gain weight because im too skinny now looks like im sick but not..haha the important is your little one is healthy..

7y ago

Sis try mo aminovita ..recommend skn ng ob ko kc laki ng pinayat ko bc of breastfeeding ..4 months na frst baby ko ..

VIP Member

This is more fiction than reality. If it does help it probably doesn’t manifest until breastfeeding has lasted longer than 9 months and the effect is probably minimal. In my personal experience I did not lose any weight because of it

i ate like a dinosaur when i bf and i manage to lose all 18kg for my first kid, 14kg for my second kid. I even when lighter than pre-pregnancy weight at times. I think it should be breastfeeding+ Not enough rest = slim down

VIP Member

Not for me though.. I think it’s still an input has to be lesser than output. But when breastfeeding I am still always hungry. So the best is to maintain an active lifestyle while watching the kind of food you intake.

Yes for me. I've lost alot and in fact to even lesser than my pre-pregnancy weight. Dieting is another important factor. Eat healthily and in moderation. You will be able to maintain your weight.

Read more

It can as you need about 400 extra calories a day when breastfeeding however, be careful of how much you are eating. In my experience my appetite increased more with breastfeeding than it did with pregnancy.

True. but your weight always depends on your diet or way of eating. if you are trying to lose weight but eats too much, then breastfeeding won't help you lose weight. it's still a matter of discipline.

Hi mummies ,Big concern low supply BM mum I came across this interesting article thought to share https://www.myqueen.asia/post/regular-breast-massage-in-breastfeeding-journey

Yes it did for me. I'm 7weeks postpartum and I can fit in cloths that never fit even before I conceived. Hubby is complaining that I look starved. But I'm happy!

VIP Member

yes for the first one year. after i start to latch and stop to pump, I gain 10kg. I guess maybe when I pump i walk alot. after pump need to wash. keep walking up and down.