Does breastfeeding actually help you lose weight?

170 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes for me, in fact I bounced back within 3 months and got a tad too liberal with snacking. Now I'm 4.5 months postpartum and gained a bit due to endless snacking. My bad

U burn calories when u bf. To lose weight u need to monitor ur calories intake. Choose healthier food options n snacks like almonds that will aid u to lose weight.

Yes! Im back to my usual weight before i got pregnant, Ive started gaining weight when im using contraceptive (injection) because of the effects.

yes for me. after just 2 months of breastfeeding, back to pre pregnancy weight na ko. actually mas pumayat pa nga and almost wala na kong belly fats.

It is supposed to help but you still need to work on your diet and exercise. Don't expect by just breastfeeding you will gain back your slim figure.

TapFluencer

Yes. But right after I stopped breasfeeding my child at 9 mos, I gained weight because I didn't changed my eating habits. 😂

yes, for me.. but dont worry if your weight gain.. once complete the breastfeeding journey, you can start with diet

yes.. really agreed with this one.. i lose a lot of weight.. I ate a lot but my weight never gain yet i lose it much...

VIP Member

Heard alot of ppl said it does. But I feel the more the baby drink the more hungry you get and you eat even more. Hmmm

I'm 12mpp and I'm 4kg lighter than prepregnancy weight. I don't really watch my diet nor exercise after delivery.