Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Hi does anyone experience carpal tunnel syndrome?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I didnt experience this during my pregnancy but you could try the following tips and see if you can get any relief~ carpal tunnel during pregnancy is usually caused by the increased fluid retention in the body. 1. Monitor your sodium intake (too much salt will worsen retention and then worsen your pain too) 2. Elevate your affect arm/raise it up and exercise it (flex your fingers, rotate your wrist) frequently 3. Apply a heat pack and massage the area to promote circulation If really too painful, do consult with gynae for pain relief meds or visit tcm for acupuncture

Read more
4y ago

Ohdear..in this case, you might wanna try and see if acupuncture could help to relieve it a bit! Do try and see if it's possible to rearrange your work commitments? Truly understand how frustrating it must be for you. Carpal tunnel caused by pregnancy is difficult to treat :/ jiayous mummy!

VIP Member

Me! 🙋🏽‍♀️ Started at the end of the 1st trimester. It was so horrible. Couldn’t sleep or do even the most basic tasks, even cutting steak or fruits. 😢 Nothing I did worked to relieve it. I just had to endure. It went away around 2 weeks pp

4y ago

My husband would massage it. The pain temporarily goes away but comes again just after a few minutes. Things that I did: 1. Soak in water with some ice cubes 2. Wrap with refrigerated cabbage 3. Wrist guard

VIP Member

Yes I experienced it during my first pregnancy and it went away a few months later after delivery. However it didn’t come back during my second pregnancy and I hardly had symptoms. Hence every pregnancy has different symptoms.

4y ago

My gynae only advised me to clench fist and release, and shake the fingers several times daily to relieve the tightness and pain.

Have been experiencing it since week 33, nw at 37weeks..feel pain even while doing simple chores and holding stuff.. bought wrist support online, waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully it helps to relief the pain.

4y ago

Hi Yanlin, thanks for the info. I also ordered. But will arrive 4th of March. Anyways thank you! 😊

Super Mum

Yes I did during pregnancy. Had to ensure that I didn’t bend my wrists for long periods and elevate my hands when I could. Even then, the symptoms only went away after I delivered

VIP Member

Yes. During my first preg, I had really bad water retention. Caused carpal tunnel syndrome on my wrists/hands. It went away after giving birth and the water retention subsided.

VIP Member

Thanks to god , I hv never experienced it

VIP Member

No