Narrow birth canal

My Doctor just told me I've narrow birth canal or small pelvis, which might be a challenge for baby to pass through during labour. However, she said it's still possible to hope for normal delivery, and will opt for emergency C-sect only if there's problem or challenges during labour. Bit stressful to know this as I was really hoping for a normal delivery and everything was good so far. Any Mom here with similar condition who managed to deliver normally? Please share your experience. TIA P.S. 38+ weeks as of today

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It also depends on how big your baby is, actually:) hopefully baby will still go through nicely.. there are many petite mummies who are still able to deliver via normal vaginal delivery! But regardless of the method of delivery, the most important thing is that you and baby are safe and healthy okay? Congratulations in advance :)

Read more
4y ago

Thanks Cherlyn :) Hoping for the best!

Same issue.baby 3.2kg and I'm 154 tall. but we opt for normal delivery.. took almost an hour to push baby out. Doctor use vacuum to assist. Luckily managed to squeeze baby out at the very last push...

4y ago

Thanks for sharing your experience :)