36 weeks 5 days.

Doctor says from my stomach it seems the baby is at a small size. His weighing at 2.5kg at the moment. And I'm scheduled to have another scan the week after. Seems it's neither too big or small? But why am i worrying?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I agree with Cherlyn. 2.5kg is considered okay. Smallish but as long as baby is above 2.5kg at birth, will not be considered low birth weight. My baby was 2.5kg at week 36 scan. You can try boosting with maternal milk. I also took avocado. I delivered my baby at 39+6 and she was 2.85kg. Now at 9 weeks she's over 5kg. Babies can catch up when they are out :) Hope the rest of your pregnancy is a smooth one!

Read more

Don’t worry! 2.5kg is considered ok already. My baby was below the 25th percentile at 36 weeks. Gynae mentioned to continue drinking the maternal milk and add more protein to my diet. My babygirl was born healthy at 2.77kg at 39 weeks. On a brighter note, you don’t have to go through c-sect if baby is too big for normal delivery.

Read more
Super Mum

Don't worry, 2.5kg is not small at all. Even if he comes out at 2.5kg you can fatten him up easily when he's outside 😁. Not much to do now, just relax and have a pleasant delivery!

TapFluencer

can try eating durian and potatoes to boost baby's weight