1st time mother

Doctor advised me take take obimin and fish oil at 12 weeks. But i only consume fish oil. because obimin makes me nauses. Its it okay mommy?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Obimin has lots of vitamins and minerals. It helps if you’re not eating well or not taking a well balanced diet that will give you those vitamins and minerals. I personally didn’t take any of these pills 😂 I’m a bad patient, I know. My gynae knew and didn’t force me to. But I ate fruits and vegetables and meat, so I believe I got the appropriate dose of everything from the food I ate.

Read more

It’s better to take obimin rather than fish oil. If you are stopping obimin do check with your gynae. Else, you can also just get your vitamins from your diet ie your food by eating a balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables.

My sgh gynae did tell me that multi vit does worsen nausea and vomiting for some people. Obimin has more properties that aid pregnancy. It would be helpful to consult your gynae on alternatives or even anti nausea medications.

VIP Member

Best to take Obimin as well...Do check with your gynaecologist if he/she can prescribe other supplements

Take obimin better. I heard fish oil will cause more bleed when labour so I stop even doctor gave me.

Nausea is not becos of the obimin.. Its just a morning sickness.. Better to take then sorry..

VIP Member

Obimin would be more impt than fish oil mummy! Do take it for the sake of your child!

Consult ur gynae on alternatives

VIP Member

Better check with doctor