Do your kids drink milk before going to bed? Doesn't this habit (although good, because it's milk!) make them wake up to visit the toilet and spoil their sleep?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is okay when children are young. Just to make sure the following: - brush teeth/offer a glass of plain water to reduce tooth decay - offer milk 1 hour before bedtime, and make sure they go toilet before actual bed If you worry about bed wetting, you can purchase waterproof mattress protector (bamboo type which is more comfortable).

Read more
VIP Member

If your child has milk right before bed, do remember to brush their teeth, otherwise it may cause dental caries. They also sleep better when their tummies are full. If you skip the night feed, they'll wake up when they're hungry anyway.

Even if they wake up they'll be in a daze. After the trip to the toilet they fall asleep immediately. So I don't see a problem with that. As adults we sometimes do that too.

Agree with Stephanie, they will wake up and go back to sleep. I used to drink a cup of warm milk before sleeping when I was younger and it does help me to sleep better.

Yes mine do otherwise she will be waking up in the middle of the night to ask for it. She's still on diaper so it's not an issue at the moment.

thanks