Waking them up?

Hi mommies, do u wake up newborn up for feeds? Or just let them sleep until they wake up and demand for one? Because I’m worried about my LO sleeping more then the specified hours newborns sleep before they cry for milk.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have 4 kids and 3 of them sleep throughout and will only wake up to feed. Don't worry too much as long as your baby is gaining weight (weight will decrease in the first few weeks and it's normal)

3y ago

Yeah I’m worried about her jaundice not dropping

Super Mum

I wake up newborn for feeds for about a month since she was underweight. Afterwards it's fine to let them sleep as long as they can

3y ago

How do u wake them up effectively

depends on weight gain. if healthy weight gain, let baby sleeps. if not gaining enough weight, should feed every 3h

3y ago

if jaundice, have to wake the baby and feed milk every 2 to 3h

breast milk is easy to digest. depends on baby. it can be 2 to 3h. if baby has jaundice, have to feed more milk

3y ago

Yeah she has jaundice so tends to be more sleepy so I tried waking her up but it’s so hard to continue latching her cus she just falls asleep again

VIP Member

the longest i drag is 4hr then i feed my newborn already if not my baby usually wake at 2hr + 3

I'll just follow baby's queue. they will wake when they are hungry

3y ago

But she don’t really wake up cause of jaundice

TapFluencer

follow baby's cue. feed on demand don't wake baby up

3y ago

But she has jaundice which makes her very sleepy and she’s not getting enough feed which causes her to be quite dehydrated