Do you switch on the aircon for NB LO every night or use fan? What temperature do you use?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When my baby was below 3 months old, he was very sensitive to aircon. He breathed with difficulty when he sleeps in air con room. He slept better with fan and natural wind. We tried and tested a few times to let him sleep with air conditioning when he's above one month and he manage to sleep comfortably with aircon when he was about 3 months old. He prefers temperature of 26-27 Degree Celsius. I guessed every baby is different and you need to try and see which temperature is best for your baby.

Read more

Between 23-25 degrees should be about right for Singapore's climate for your baby to get a good night's sleep. Key is to ensure that your baby is not too hot or too cold. According to this article (http://sg.theasianparent.com/the-ideal-temperature-for-your-babys-room/), you can place your hand at the base of your baby's neck where it meets to spine to do a quick check of his/her temperature.

Read more
VIP Member

I don't have the habit of sleeping with the air-conditioning on, so my baby has been sleeping with us in a fan ventilated room. I prefer natural ventilation, plus it's expensive to have the air conditioning on every night. My cousin who sleeps with the air conditioning on sets the temperature at about 26 degrees.

Read more

In the start I on the aircon (25 degrees on low) at night. However when my CL came and baby sleeps together with her in another room, she uses the fan. Reason being my husband has asthma and just to be safe it is better to sleep with the fan on and only use the aircon when necessary (asthma can be hereditary).

Read more

Before bedtime I will switch aircon to cool down the bedrooms and off it 1hour after my kids sleep soundly. I do not blow fan directly on them. My kids are quite comfortable with non aircon room. However if the weather is extremely hot on particular day, I will on aircon for longer hours.

The beginning 3 months is using fan then weather becomes too hot to mange so switch to Aircon. Although we switch to aircon, we will try to maintain the temp to 26 degrees. This is to ensure that it is not too cold.

Read more

Air conditioning sounds really expensive to have throughout the night and not really environmental. Maybe only when the temperature is really high but if it's relatively cooler, a fan that rotates around should suffice.

23-25 degrees - about 20 hours a day. My boy get heat rash if no aircon. .the doctor told me a/c is much better than a fan coz the fan blows all the dust in the house n that's not good for kids

As we are so used to it having air-conditioning, the same goes for my lo. However, we always adjust the temperature to 26 degrees. We are just worried that baby will be too cold.

I would adjust Th temperature to 27degree and adjust the air swing direction to other side, so it won't blow to him directly but the room will still be cooling.