Do you organise a birthday bash for your child every year?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Because my LO start going school at 18 months, hence when she is 2 years old, i will celebrate for her at school (to thank for teachers for looking after her, to thank her classmates for looking after and love her as well). Hence she will definitely have a celebration in school and at home with immediate family members. At least don't need to worry much about attendance. I don't want to beg or make me people feel i so proud or nth to do or what, every year make party. The attendance is getting harder since no2, i don't want when a day i make the party big, there is no ppl came, and it'll make my kids feel sad instead. (If ur fren will always go there without excuses, than why not.) This even happen in australia that she seek help from the midnight mum page. You can go take a look, although it's heart warming to see people don't know and went to attend the party.

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Thanks for your answer. The story you mentioned is so heart breaking :(

VIP Member

with my first child, I did a birthday bash for all my relatives and friends to come and join in the celebration. With his 2nd and 3rd birthday, I scale down to a mini birthday celebration with family in the household (we all stay together) with an home bake cake of the cartoon which he currently love. With my second child, I realise that they won't remember what's going on or how big the celebrate is when they are one years old. So i'lol be doing a small scale celebration with home bake cake. Once he is old enough to know what is happening, then I will hold a bigger bash for him

Read more

For my first child, I hosted a big birthday bash for his first birthday then subsequently, I held a small one just with close family with a cake of his choice and dinner at a restaurant he chose. For my second born, it should be the same. A big first birthday bash then subsequently a small one. I feel that there is no need for a big bash every year when they can hardly remember. I will rather spend all my time during their birthday with them rather than spending my time on entertaining guests.

Read more

Have never done this though but would love to :-) Not every year though as it is costly and takes much effort. When my baby turned 6 month old and one, we either made a cake or bought one. And we have only invited immediate family members. I'm planning when my los start to go to school and when their birthdays fall on a school day, I might bring some cupcakes and balloons :-) I would love to give them some good memories of their birthdays :-)

Read more
VIP Member

Yes I do, but the scale of it changes for every year. I do a big one for 1st birthday. 2-5 years old I did a small family bash with just close family members. For my girl's 6 birthday, I did a medium size one cos she wanted to celebrate with her friends before she goes to Primary school. I guess it really depends on your own preference. I wouldn't want my kid to expect a huge bash every year though.

Read more

Ironically, we had a bash till the age she was so young that throwing a party or not wouldn't matter to her. When she turned 3 and 4, we had parties but not on a very large scale. They were little home parties with few kids. Now, she will turn 6, and since we have shifted to a new city where she hasn't made a circle of friends, I feel we would take her for a picnic of sorts.

Read more

Usually will hold a bigger scale party when they are one. There after 2-5years old probably some small parties with closed friends/ families. My son requested for a party with his pre-school classmates next year. Probably will try to organize for him as it's last year there. Probably next bigger one will be his 12th and 21st birthday!

Read more

I didn't until they were four or so. As one kid's birthday is around christmas I combine her party with the other one's party. They invite up to 10 kids each. They are now 8 and 11 and I've told them this was the last big bash - they can pick outings or smaller get togethers next year.

As a mummy of 2, l never organise any birthday bash for them. This is depend on youself whether its a "need" to organise such party for them?