Do you ask for personal money from your husband/partner? I'm a SAHM and he lives abroad even before we had a baby. When I got pregnant, he asked me to stop working but the thing is I hate this kind of feeling that I have to depend on him when it comes to money. I've been very independent before having a baby and now, I feel like I can't buy whatever I want. How do you deal with this?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I understand how you feel. I'm currently on sabbatical for the last 2 years (ending soon, thank goodness, never again!) and being so used to earning my own income and having alot of spending power, I do feel sad about the state of my income but never enough to ask from my partner. Since he is paying for all the big bills for now, even if I have difficulties with my own expenses, I will not and have not asked him -- I find a way out (usually through freelance work or part time work). Not because he won't help or anything like that, more of my ego and pride. I have earned my own money since 17 and I just cannot bring myself to ask him for money even if he says it's okay :(

Read more