Do you ask for personal money from your husband/partner? I'm a SAHM and he lives abroad even before we had a baby. When I got pregnant, he asked me to stop working but the thing is I hate this kind of feeling that I have to depend on him when it comes to money. I've been very independent before having a baby and now, I feel like I can't buy whatever I want. How do you deal with this?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We're on the same both mommy. I have to stopped working to take care of my baby, I have online store and online job but income is not on a regular basis just like when I used to work in the office, plus it's not that much, I must say just enough for groceries. So I have to ask money from my partner for some of my personal needs, I feel ashamed and not comfortable with it maybe because we are not legally married yet so I think he has no obligation to me, just to our daughter only. But he keeps on assuring me it's okay, he would tell me not to worry about our expenses because he is working very hard for us and he is very happy and thankful I'm the one taking care of our baby. But still I try my best to contribute even a little, I would sell some of our pre-loved items that we are not using, just stored in our cabinet. I also try to cut down expenses especially for myself, I will just buy if I badly need it, if not I will just wait for some time until I have personal money to buy things for myself.

Read more