Did you experience the "bloody show" before labour started?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, for both of my pregnancies I had bloody show (mucus plug dropped out). For me, once I have bloody show, I can feel the strong contractions immediately and straight away head to hospital. However, I had a friend who had bloody show but only giving birth after 3-4days. So if you do not experience any contraction pain after bloody show, you might not be in labor yet. http://americanpregnancy.org/labor-and-birth/signs-of-labor/ Bloody show: Loss of mucus plug. During pregnancy, a thick plug of mucus protects the cervical opening from bacteria entering the uterus. When your cervix begins to thin and relax, this plug is expelled. Some women think the plug will look solid like a cork, but it is actually stringy mucus or discharge. It can be clear, pink, or blood tinged and can appear minutes, hours, or even days before the onset of labor. Not all women notice this sign.

Read more

Nope, for both pregnancies I didn't get to see it. Perhaps might was broken pieces by pieces, or I could have missed it when I go to the toilet. Once you've lost your mucus plug (aka had your bloody show), it's a sign that your body is preparing for labour. It however doesn't warrant for panic so just monitor yourself and time your contractions once you feel it.

Read more

no with my first, yes with my second went to labor that same day of loosing it. I'm currently with my third, yes, but still waiting for labor start and him to come out.

Yes I did, for both babies. It was more like blood-tinged mucous. Full on labour started about two days after I first noticed the blood.

Yes,both my 1st and 2nd pregnancy,i had bloody show before labour start.

No I had two c sections and I think I might have to have another one

thanks

VIP Member

For my first baby, no. For my second one, yes

Have not reached labour stage

Yes, for the second pregnancy