bloody show

Hi all, do u experience bloody discharge before labour? More of one off occurance. If yes, how long before labour? Thanks!

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Suppose to induce at 40w, after done with admission registration at the hospital, started bleeding when I was in the room. So didn’t induce coz Gynae said I have signs of labor already(previously don’t have any signs or symptoms). But after 2 hrs later suddenly I had high fever and baby heartbeat was relatively high.. fever didn’t subside with the help of medi after 2 hrs.. so Gynae called for emergency c-sec instead.. You baby might come out anytime now, wishing you have a smooth delivery!

Read more
Super Mum

Yes. My water bag broke first, around 2 hours later had blood discharge. Did not experience any contractions after 5 hours.. Had to do induce labour because my water bag broke and my baby poop inside. After inducing, can start feeling the contractions.

For me 1 day before labour i had mild contraction and bloody discharge then i head down to my gynae's clinic to let her check, she told me i am 3cm dilated already i can admit anytime if not next day 7am.

VIP Member

Hi... how many weeks pregnant are you? You may go into labor anytime between 36 to 40 weeks. Please go to the hospital for assessment

5y ago

I'm 39 weeks pregnant.. The day I had the bloody discharge, i happened to have gynae appointment so they put me on CTG.. No contraction. Was offered induction but i turned it down as i wanted labour to start naturally.. Now i'm too excited to sleep everynight as i dont know when labour will start hahahaa

abt 2 days light bloody discharge before i went to hospital and discovered dilated at 1.5cm so i got induced after that

Mine was about approximately 9 hours before labour. There were small clumps/strands of blood whenever i peed.

3y ago

Congratulations!

Did not have a bloody show, I only had mucus plug discharge a day before my labour started.

Dropped my mucus plug for 2 days now and still no signs of labour nor contractions 🙁

VIP Member

It’s called Mucus plug and it came before my water broke, about an hour before labour

Super Mum

With first child, it was one day before. With second child, it was a week before for 2-3 days.

4y ago

I noticed mine but still here waiting for labour...