Did you ever have discussion with partner on whether you should adopt or have your own child? Is adoption meant for infertile couples only?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Of course it isn't meant for infertile couples only. Some couples who adopt do so because they want to give abandoned or orphaned babies a loving home. This is the criteria for adopting a child in Singapore: Residency Status (must be a resident of Singapore) Age (at least 25 years old & 21 years age gap between the child) Maximum age gap between adopter and child (maximum 50 years age gap) Marital status (Single males are not allowed to adopt girls unless in special circumstances) There will be a Home Study Report and Pre Adoption briefing before you attempt to adopt a child. There is no mention of other factors such as the couple's fertility. I have a biological child with my husband and adoption has never crossed our minds. If we were infertile, it would be an option. I know of a friend who adopted her baby boy and she is very happy now. Not sure if she has infertility problems though. http://app.msf.gov.sg/Adoption/Who-can-adopt

Read more