Can I do some light exercise?

Hi dear mummies, I am in my 6th week. Whilst am feeling tired, I am itching to do some light exercise in hope to boost up my energy level. However, due to my past history, I miscarried twice, doctor asked me to stay at home and do NOTHING. Has anyone of you face the same situation? My energy level is decreasing everyday. :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I think you need to think whether ur baby is more impt or having energy? If anything goes wrong (touch wood) after u don’t listen to ur doc, will u blame yourself? Therefore, I would suggest to you to listen to ur doc and do nothing. You don’t want to risk it. Usually 1st trimester is no energy. You just have to pass 1st trimester safely. For me, my doc also ask me to rest more, dont go out necessarily. So, I stayed home and read up on pregnancy / parenting . I take naps and rest whenever I’m feeling tired. 1st trimester though is hard but will soon pass by. Hang in there mummy!

Read more

No exercise please. It's normal to feel tired/restless when you are pregnant. Especially during first trimester when everything is not stable yet. Is exercise important or baby more important? Your task now is to rest well & eat well.

VIP Member

Better to start exercising at 2nd trimester with doc's approval of course ☺️

Thanks all. Appreciate all your advices and support. Hanging in there!

Is better to listen to ur gynae