Dear mummies, How do u stop your lo from latching to sleep?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Give pacifier, let him suck his thumb. Usually when they fall into deep sleep they will release or u can remove it. I use to latch to sleep because it is the fastest but gradually u can try to give milk bottle then latch a bit then carry him to sleep. That's what I did and it worked. Try to put him to sleep via rocking or tapping or babywearing or tap&using or cultivate a favorite thing to have to sleep

Read more
VIP Member

Those experienced mummies, they said have to let others to coax your child to sleep. I am still trying to work it out with my LO as i don't have anyone else to coax him. I will tell LO. ok, enough to latching, then i will pat him to sleep. If really can't i will latch him a little more. before unlatching him and continue to pat.

Read more
7y ago

Yes. My mil take care of him in the day. He can goes to sleep with her patting him. For me I take care of him in the night. I try to pat him he refused.He will crawl unto me. If I just let him be, he will wail and cry.

Its pretty tough. My boy has associated latching with sleep so at times he latches on almost the entire night. Comfort feeding. What you can do is try to feed him before his sleep and put h8m d9wn when he is drowsy.