Night feeding

Can I ask when did u stop night feeding and how much your little one drinking at that point of time?#pleasehelp

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Always remember — Every child is different. My oldest, by 2.5-3 months, she slept soundly through the night, no need anymore night feedings. Her last night feed is ard 10-11pm, and she’ll sleep soundly thru till next morning ard 6-7am. She is my easiest baby. Really no fuss, such a breeze to take care. Hardly cry. But no 2 & 3 super different. 😅 No 2 is the toughest to take care. She’s like an energizer bunny, full of energy. Also the one who cries the most. She took the longest to wean off night feeds. Took around 10-11 months. No 3 is in between both of them. Usually, when LO has started on cereals and progressed to porridge where the meal is more substantial and filling, weaning off night feeds is natural and easier. So my last night feed for milk is latest ard 10-11pm and that’s it for the day. No more till they wake up next morning.

Read more
VIP Member

I din stop night feeding per se. I just allowed my LO to naturally grow out of it by her sleeping longer and longer till she doesn’t wake during the night for night feedings. And I did not give formula at all. It’s all BM. I have 3, all went thru the same process. :)

Read more
6mo ago

@Tania See reply above 👆🏼

around 3 months old. he was drinking 150ml per feed about 5 times a day. if he wakes up hungry we will still feed him but if he doesnt we stopped waking him up to feed.

Mine stop asking for it around 17MO