Hubby’s involvement in baby duties

Dear mummies how involved are your husbands on day to day baby duties? My hubby reaches home at 7pm, we have dinner and he only spends a v short time with baby before I prepare her for bed time at 9pm. Full latch until she falls asleep. I have tried asking him to bottle feed but after that he can’t get baby to sleep successfully and I still need to wrap up. Also saying I need to understand as he is working and I am not. I am like yes you are working but work life was so much easier than SAHM with no income and 24/7 job with lesser sleep than him. He is outside watching TV while I latch baby to sleep and expect baby to sleep with no fussiness and when he’s tired just come into bedroom to sleep. I feel like I am all alone in parental duties sometimes.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

SAHM is the worst!! Sorry to say but I hate it when people say “u dun have to work but we need, u can rest anytime u want”! I feel like strangling the person and say, then let’s exchange our roles for a week! Sahm covers all aspects in the house, eg not restricted to; baby care 24/7, chores: nvr ending, cooking 3 meals a day plus snacks for baby & older kids (if any), packing for outing, laundries and not forgetting, breaking up siblings fights, teach them to do their homework, etc etc the list is endless. And people say oh ‘you can sleep when bb sleep ma’. Hello, dun need to do housework or eat ah? That window of opportunity is the opportunity to do what we can’t do when bb is awake. Unless I dun have to do all of the above, only require to tc of baby, then I have nothing to complain. Other than that, anyone who says sahm is leading a easier life, pls shut up. Haha That’s y my hubby dun utter the word tired in front of me.

Read more
4y ago

Thank you mummy that is exactly how I feel. Hubby says just zz when baby sleeps but though she is asleep I need to decide cooking and eating more important vs sleep. I am FTM can’t imagine when there are 2 kids or more to run after! My hubby also says you can rest anytime you want to.... I also wish I can sleep 12-630am then...