MAL and husbands

So….hi mummies. Would like to vent out. It’s my first baby, currently on MAL and my husband is working. There’s little support from my parent. My in laws however was very supportive would come and help but I don’t like how they tries to take care of my child. Example, offering pacifier, suggesting to feed honey or water. Ofcourse there are things that are good, but the boundaries was when, she told my husband she wanted to spend a night with my baby at her house, or she requesting to bring baby out overseas now that baby has a passport. I as a mom, who waited 2 years just to have a baby after a miscarriage ofcourse stepped in and said no. Hence, I started shunning her off, told her I can manage baby alone. I’m fine doing it. My husband didn’t understand why am I so over protective, but it’s my baby. My. My mother on the other hand, has been very quiet ever since she knew it was a girl. So, okay. The second issue I’ve been copping up is my husband is working 12 hour shift. So ofcourse when he’s on off, I looked forward to it. I asked him, multiple times to look after the baby, I’ve prepared some breast milk, go ahead and feed baby while I take a long proper shower, while I cut my nails while I just have a me time. That off day became, him doing the house chores. Much appreciated but, if I can complete the house chores in 2 hours why can’t he? Are we living in a bungalow? He even went to the extend of making a remark saying he doesn’t understand why am I tired when I told him, I didn’t cook, I didn’t vacuum the house today, please take care of baby in the night I’m exhausted. I let him sleep the first shift, the first 4 hours he got sleep while I tried to pacify baby to sleep. You mean the next hour you can’t take over while I get a fast nap? I had to keep the toilet door open and have a fast shower while he can take an hour to shower. Reason? He was having his me time watching his movies. Husbands are useless tbh. MAL are not resting. I’m working to keep a human baby alive too.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

have you thought of engaging a helper to help you? I can see where your frustrations is coming from. Probably he was tired from his job and needing to take care of baby after work will be tiring for him. Definitely agree that it is not easy to take care of LO alone. Is like there is no more straight 8 hours of sleep. I think u need to sit down and discuss with your husband how things can work out better. There is one thing I need to tell you not to feed honey and water to ur baby. Honey will cause botulism and water will cause risk of water intoxication. Sometimes it is really a headache that some elderly have their own ways that doesn't aligns with ours. I feel you coz I going through the same thing too

Read more

Have you actually sat down and talk to him about what you are unhappy about? It’s his child too! He needs to be in this tgt with you.