Hubby’s involvement in baby duties

Dear mummies how involved are your husbands on day to day baby duties? My hubby reaches home at 7pm, we have dinner and he only spends a v short time with baby before I prepare her for bed time at 9pm. Full latch until she falls asleep. I have tried asking him to bottle feed but after that he can’t get baby to sleep successfully and I still need to wrap up. Also saying I need to understand as he is working and I am not. I am like yes you are working but work life was so much easier than SAHM with no income and 24/7 job with lesser sleep than him. He is outside watching TV while I latch baby to sleep and expect baby to sleep with no fussiness and when he’s tired just come into bedroom to sleep. I feel like I am all alone in parental duties sometimes.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I’m totally in your shoes. Latch on demand and nurse baby to sleep. Maybe you can try hinting him like telling your baby, daddy going to change your pampers ok? Then your husband will get the hint?

4y ago

hahah i always do that whenever i need to do something else 😂 he got no choice but to do 🤪