Wants a tiger

My daughter just watched Alladin and now she wants to be princess Jasmine and wants a tiger. She has become obsessed about tigers and only wants to read books and hear stories about tigers. Is this normal?

Wants a tiger
14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

It's quite normal for kids to get completely absorbed by a movie they watched. I remember something my son said after watching Star Wars. When we were at church, he pointed at the priest and asked, "Is that guy a jedi??" 😂😂😂

Just bring her to watch The Secret Life of Pets 2 at the end of this month and she will tell you she wants some animals as a pet. It's a phase at their age and I think kids can be easily distracted with other stuff...

Its normal for kids to have this reaction. Maybe you can bring her to the zoo to see the real tiger. I had a niece who's always telling everyone that she is Elsa after watching Frozen.

Its probaably just a phase as kids tend to get easily influenced by such things. As parents we can be supportive in their interests/obsessions as long as its a healthy level.

VIP Member

At least it isn’t a flying carpet. 😂 maybe you could take her to the zoo/safari and let her know that the tiger is happier there.

Yup it is haha. She find another movie/show which will get her interest and forget about princess jasmine 😂

Probably a phase that will pass. Monitor it for awhile first

VIP Member

Yes I wanted to be a nun back then after watching Sister Act 2.

5y ago

How did that work out? Lol

Yeah it’s normal as they have an active imagination.

VIP Member

It’s a phase, let her enjoy it while it lasts!