Pre school

Hello daddies and mommies , May I ask how long in advance do you look for your child Pre school and what’s the thing to look out for ? Mind to share any good and bad experiences as well if you have any pls ? TIA !

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If you are looking at putting your child into full day childcare at 18mo, it's good to start off 6 months before as some cc has places reserved for their ifc kids. Wait list may be long. The other popular entry point is at N1 / Playgroup / Toddler , termed differently by different centres, for the year LO is going to turn 3yo. If you are looking at few hours kindergarten or play groups or work groups, you may need to check with respective centres as they usually only have 2 intakes (Jan and June/July) per year, so you won't want to miss the registration. Good to search for available centres in the vicinity and indicate interest first. Walk past the centre in the morning when parents are dropping off the kids and observe if the kids are happy going to the centre and how the staff manage the crying kids.

Read more

i enrolled my girl when she was 2 months before turning to 3 yo. she doesn't really enjoy the life in pre school. i have observed the children when i sent her to childcare, majority are still very detached even they were there for more than a year. the interaction wasn't that strong but I'm sure the teachers are doing their best. kids are different nowadays, always living in their own world.

Read more

You'll need more time to prepare and register if your area has pre-schools that are very popular. Why not look around in advance to get a feel of the school and observe how the toddlers/children react to the teachers around them? Other factors to consider could include distance travelling and if you require the school to have a mixture of locals and international kids. Good luck :)

Read more
VIP Member

I normally do it 1 year before to start sourcing out for preschool and call up to check on their teacher kids ratio and prices and put in waiting list . Good - go and check on their environment , see how well the principal N Teachers are . Their foods provided daily if it’s healthy , and their stringent precaution to take action for any outbreak of diseases.

Read more
VIP Member

Depend on your area, like punggol is very hot places got CC, hence 6 months in advance might get into the CC you want, i usually look out at teachers, teachers must friendly and always willing to talk you, than your kids are in safe hand, if teachers cant answer you any question and dont like to interact with you, i wont feel comfortable at all.

Read more

preschool now is everywhere HDB located 4 d parents...just wait when d registration time m go....n guess d facilities all d best for d kid yo nurture...it depends hw ur kids can adapt or mingle around with other kids.

6 months in advance is ideal. Would be good to take into account the convenience factor, curriculum and if it seems like a place your child will enjoy learning in. Good luck!

Hi there! It will depend a bit on your area, but it's better to be prepared! So a good 6 months in advance is ideal in case there is a long waiting list. Good luck!

TapFluencer

We started 6 months prior. We asked friends and on forums such as this. Of course it was mainly about location, then curriculum, price and class size.

VIP Member

Started on the lookout when my child was 2.5years old. Teachers and the curriculum are important criteria;)