Hi, has any mummies taken fish oil supplements in liquid form for pregnancy?

I have difficulties swallowing pills..

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have the same issue as you, can’t swallow pills. Ask your gynae to prescribe fish oil in the form of soft gel so you can chew to consume the fish oil and spit out the soft gel, that’s what I did. Try Natal Care Plus, yellow box, I find the taste bearable. Hope it helps :)

3y ago

Thank you so much! 😄 So glad to know that there’s an alternative to swallowing the pills 😊

VIP Member

i nvr liked the taste of it so i took the pills instead. maybe can get them to recommend u smaller pills so that it will be easier for u to swallow? unless u really dont mind taking liquid form 😅

3y ago

or maybe u can try to break the pills, from there u get the liquid 😝

I never! But even on pills I cant take the smell too. I told my gynae about it and she was like “its okay! Dont take if you don’t like, its just a supplement” 😅

Take Nutrifriend instead then you don’t have to take pills because that’s what I did in first half of my pregnancy

3y ago

Hospital pharmacy should have. I bought mine from kkh when my gynae prescribed.

Hi u may try Nordic Naturals Prenatal Fish Oil which is smaller in size.

You can try eating the prenatal gummies! They have it over on iherb. ☺️

3y ago

I’ve tried Olly’s! But my Gynae said it wasn’t very good, will make me very hungry. Maybe I’ll ask him again for the next checkup if it can be my fish oil replacement :) Thank you for the suggestion! 😊

Nope I didn’t