Currently both me and my husband have been helping my baby girl to change diapers and bathing her. How old should my husband stop to change her diaper and bath her.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't think there is an age that a dad should stop changing his daughter's diaper or stop bathing her. Only once she becomes old enough to bath by herself, at which point she'll presumably be out of diapers for a long time already. Same as if you had a Son. No reason why you shouldn't continue to change his diaper for as long as he's in them.

Read more

For us, we stop washing the private parts for the girl when she is 3 years old after we taught her how to clean herself. We get her to shower herself when she is about 4.5 years old.

7y ago

Hmm. My girl is almost 4 now but I still clean for her as Im afraid she doesn't clean properly especially when poo. I feel she's too young to know how to clean and shower on her own. Should I stop doing for her?

I guess it depends. Some household don't find it an issue it boils down to the family style and upbringing.

I'll say probably about 4 years old.