itch

Currently 13 weeks pregnant and I find my vagina lips is itching badly. My food intake is very limited due to morning sickness. Mostly I eat fruits, soups (egg or tou foo) and porridge with veg. No fish, chicken and ikan bilis. Even prawns and squid also very limited (once in a while only) . Anyone encounter same problem? What is the cause? How to prevent it?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If the itch is external then it's either your undies or hygiene. Use a panty liner and change it every few hours. Only use cotton panties. Hand wash your panties with a mild soap or detergent. Best is to use panty liners la. And a vaginal wash will be great, as long as u don't use a douche wash. Betadine feminine wash is great. The lemon balm range.

Read more
Super Mum

Try feminine wash. And maybe try to buy new underwear to see if itch continues? Or change laundry detergent.. sometimes just some weird things trigger.. use some AI cream from physiogel to see if it helps.. it's for skin irritation.. if not ask ur gynae

Any discharge? If you do, may be a sign of yeast infection. Do check with your gynae. As for now, try wash with warm water , drink cranberry juice or take yogurt.

5y ago

No discharge. The itch is external. Not internal

Super Mum

I'm 33 weeks pregnant. I have the same issue at 30 weeks. I apply cream prescribed by my gynae. They have pill for insert, safe for pregnancy too.

Super Mum

Try sitting in a small pail of warm water + epsom salt (like sitz bath on the toilet bowl).. Shld help with the itchiness..

I highly recommend you to get the feminine wash for external protection. It does helps!

Gynae shld b able to provide cream, wash and pill insert . Dont worry, this is quite common

5y ago

The itch is external. Not internal

Super Mum

Hubby to help